Saturday 30 October 2010

Feeling and moving energy... can you sense the magic?

A lot of people I know don't really "get" what I do for a living.  Some people believe I am a massage therapist, others think I am Reiki practitioner whereas the majority give me a blank stare when I say I am a holistic therapist.  What the heck is that, you may ask?  Well, I get my kicks out of playing with energy;  sensing it, moving it around and playing with it.  During a massage treatment, I feel tingling balls of energy moving around beneath my hands as they glide over skin.  Oh! wow your hands are  warming up, is usually the first thing my clients say during a session.  It's true that my hands get so hot that it feels like my insides are on fire but I get excited by the prospect of healing occurring at that very moment.
But nothing is better than doing a pregnancy massage...sigh.  For example, today was absolutely amazing: as my hands were gliding over a gorgeous round belly, the baby kept leaning up against my hands as they moved!! It felt so surreal to connect with a little human growing inside another woman's stomach. At that very moment, the power of touch was so blatantly evident to me:  it is healing, calming and exciting to connect with another person with the mere touch of a hand.
I LOVE MY JOB is all I can say right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment